We founded Grain in 2002 and specialise in branding and design for luxury, property and education. For any entrepreneur or entrepreneurial thinker to succeed, brand strategy needs to underpin all creative work. Therefore we start with creating or reworking strategy — or gaining a thorough understanding of existing strategy.
The next step may be naming a company or product, then creating your brand’s visual identity including brand guidelines. You then expand into digital areas such as an easily updateable and search engine optimised website, including responsive and ecommerce as needed; social media management; packaging; printed collateral and environments.
You benefit from working with our small and agile team of 8 talented people, always through direct contact with one of Grain’s owners.
- The foundations of all branding and design work.
- We help you define your brand’s market
- Brand Promise
- A one-page written document: your brand in a nutshell.
- Brand Attributes
- Images and words to support the brand promise.
- Grain are specialists in naming, with trademarks always in mind.
- Outward-facing messages to various audiences like customers and the press.
- Visual Identity
- Includes logo, typographic style, and colour palette.
- Brand Guidelines
- The codification of everything in the Define and Create stages.
- Brand Communications
- This can include anything from advertising to internal communications.
- Websites & Apps
- Bringing the brand to life online, on smartphones and tablets.
- Social Media & SEO
- Engaging your audience: social media management and SEO.
- Both graphic and structural, backed by talented industrial design.
- Print Design
- Using lovely paper, textures and print finishes.
- Retail, residential and aircraft interiors, plus signage.
Founder, director and co-owner of Grain. He’s been exploring his gift and passion for branding and design since the mid-1990s, creating effective …read more
Director and co-owner of Grain, combines creative inspiration with business insight. She’s been helping companies communicate, beautifully, in traditional and digital media …read more
Senior Designer, specialising in branding, packaging, print and digital design for the fashion and luxury markets. Whether she’s working in print or …read more
Huw is newest member to our team of designers. Before joining Grain Huw was at Champneys and joins us with a wealth …read more
An experienced web developer with a passion for all things code, Harry Harris has worked on notable projects for Travelodge, Lloyds TSB …read more
A Chiltern native, whiz-kid coder James joined Grain after finishing his BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT at Amersham & Wycombe …read more
Khuong Le, also known as Kent, is a PR professional and has a strong passion for communications, both digital and traditional. With …read more
Our project manager Anna joined the Grain team to help us manage the complexities of a quickly growing business, letting us each …read more