We founded Grain in 2002 and specialise in branding and design for luxury, property and education. For any entrepreneur or entrepreneurial thinker to succeed, brand strategy needs to underpin all creative work. Therefore we start with creating or reworking strategy — or gaining a thorough understanding of existing strategy.
The next step may be naming a company or product, then creating your brand’s visual identity including brand guidelines. You then expand into digital areas such as an easily updateable and search engine optimised website, including responsive and ecommerce as needed; social media management; packaging; printed collateral and environments.
You benefit from working with our small and agile team of 8 talented people, always through direct contact with one of Grain’s owners.
- The foundations of all branding and design work.
- We help you define your brand’s market
- Brand Promise
- A one-page written document: your brand in a nutshell.
- Brand Attributes
- Images and words to support the brand promise.
- Grain are specialists in naming, with trademarks always in mind.
- Outward-facing messages to various audiences like customers and the press.
- Visual Identity
- Includes logo, typographic style, and colour palette.
- Brand Guidelines
- The codification of everything in the Define and Create stages.
- Brand Communications
- This can include anything from advertising to internal communications.
- Websites & Apps
- Bringing the brand to life online, on smartphones and tablets.
- Social Media & SEO
- Engaging your audience: social media management and SEO.
- Both graphic and structural, backed by talented industrial design.
- Print Design
- Using lovely paper, textures and print finishes.
- Retail, residential and aircraft interiors, plus signage.
Christoph, director and co-owner of Grain, founded Grain in 2002. He’s been exploring his gift and passion for branding and design since …read more
Madelyn, director and co-owner of Grain, has been helping companies communicate, beautifully, in traditional and digital media since the mid-1990s. Her career …read more
Juli lives and breathes branding, packaging, print and digital design for fashion, luxury goods and beyond. Whether she’s working in print or …read more
Daniel has a great talent for design and typography with a penchant for print design and illustration. Originally hailing from Budapest, he …read more
Briony is our Project & Studio Manager. She has previously worked for the BBC, writing scripts, social media content and copy for …read more
Tim joins us at Grain HQ from The Netherlands where he has been studying for his degree in graphic design at AKV|St. …read more
Drew is Grain’s marketing strategy, SEO and PPC expert. Following a first degree in Economics and Psychology from Reading University and a …read more
Kent worked in PR & Media Communications in his native Vietnam as well as in Australia and now in the UK, and …read more
An experienced web developer with a passion for all things code, Harry Harris has worked on notable projects for Travelodge, Lloyds TSB …read more
A Chiltern native, full-stack developer James joined Grain after finishing his BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT at Amersham & Wycombe …read more
Tamzyn is our bookkeeper. She has worked in accounting roles for 12 years, qualifying as a Chartered Certified Accountant in 2008. She …read more
Sunny is our Head of Happiness and is the smallest and fluffiest member of team Grain. Sunny is responsible for team morale, …read more
Rose is Grain’s Chief of Smiles. Inspired by Pointillism, she is very talented in pattern making and actively uses her skills to …read more
Last but not least, Team Planet: Grain is a member of 1% for the Planet, donating 1% of our turnover to enviromental charities like the Woodland …read more