We founded Grain in 2002 and specialise in branding and design for luxury, property and education. For any entrepreneur or entrepreneurial thinker to succeed, brand strategy needs to underpin all creative work. Therefore we start with creating or reworking strategy — or gaining a thorough understanding of existing strategy.
The next step may be naming a company or product, then creating your brand’s visual identity including brand guidelines. You then expand into digital areas such as an easily updateable and search engine optimised website, including responsive and ecommerce as needed; social media management; packaging; printed collateral and environments.
You benefit from working with our small and agile team of 8 talented people, always through direct contact with one of Grain’s owners.
- The foundations of all branding and design work.
- We help you define your brand’s market
- Brand Promise
- A one-page written document: your brand in a nutshell.
- Brand Attributes
- Images and words to support the brand promise.
- Grain are specialists in naming, with trademarks always in mind.
- Outward-facing messages to various audiences like customers and the press.
- Visual Identity
- Includes logo, typographic style, and colour palette.
- Brand Guidelines
- The codification of everything in the Define and Create stages.
- Brand Communications
- This can include anything from advertising to internal communications.
- Websites & Apps
- Bringing the brand to life online, on smartphones and tablets.
- Social Media & SEO
- Engaging your audience: social media management and SEO.
- Both graphic and structural, backed by talented industrial design.
- Print Design
- Using lovely paper, textures and print finishes.
- Retail, residential and aircraft interiors, plus signage.
Founder, director and co-owner of Grain. He’s been exploring his gift and passion for branding and design since the mid-1990s, creating effective …read more
Director and co-owner of Grain, combines creative inspiration with business insight. She’s been helping companies communicate, beautifully, in traditional and digital media …read more
Juli is Grain’s Senior Designer, specialising in branding, packaging, print and digital design for the fashion and luxury markets. Whether she’s working …read more
Rosalind is the newest member of the Grain design team. Since graduating with a First Class BA from Kingston University, she has …read more
An experienced web developer with a passion for all things code, Harry has worked on notable projects for Travelodge, Lloyds TSB and …read more
A Chiltern native, full-stack developer James joined Grain after finishing his BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT at Amersham & Wycombe …read more
Drew is Grain’s marketing and online optimisation expert. Following a first degree in Economics and Psychology from Reading University and a CIM …read more
Kent is a PR professional and has a strong passion for communications, both digital and traditional. With work experience in PR & …read more
Sunny is our Head of Happiness and is the smallest and fluffiest member of team Grain. Sunny is responsible for team morale, …read more
Rose is Grain’s Chief of Smiles. Inspired by Pointillism, she is very talented in pattern making and actively uses her skills to …read more
Last but not least, Team Planet: Grain is a member of 1% for the Planet, donating 1% of our turnover to enviromental charities like the Woodland …read more